Tuesday, October 7, 2008

To the dark I was drawn


To the darkness of my fears I was drawn, and almost drown.
Gasping for air I emerged, and cried for help.
Everyone that I love was there, but no one heard a sound.
I turned around and faced my fears, with what I was dealt.

The little light that was reflected my many little pieces
I had trouble seeing and putting them together
Until I’m still and the rush of things to do ceases,
There is no way to all pieces gather.

Trying to reach beyond myself and pushing forward
I lost track of who I am and the things that matter.
Now I can’t hide what I so much want to guard
I am forced to face myself even if I am scared.

Now I stand still, dropping all pretenses;
My reflections suddenly become a portrait,
And I see myself with all my senses,
And to my heart a path is finally laid.

KBS, October 2008.

No comments: