Sunday, December 6, 2009

Walking

Walking on the beach, sand between my toes,

Seashells well washed and gleaming in the sun,

Following the tiny footsteps of the seagulls,

To a world of dreams that with you begun.



Above me, the white clouds in the blue sky,

I see a little plane writing your name.

To the seagull I whisper and let it fly,

Holding the secret that keeps me sane.



To the water I went and let it wash my soul,

From questions that can never be asked.

Hope is a key that I securely hold,

That won’t let love out of my grasp.



And out of the water I came and felt

The soft breeze dancing on my skin,

Away taking the doubts once held,

Slowly awakening the fire within.

2 comments:

lorena said...

very visual and healing it makes me want to breath deeply.

jypsy said...

That's lovely and soothing to me. Thank you Karla, it is worthy of recognition. Happy you got it!!!!