Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Windshield Skies


Gazing at the beautiful morning sky through the windshield,
While driving to drop kids around, a little moment of serenity.
The stressed out teacher must need for blood pressure her oatmeal,
And on the four lanes of I-95 everyone seems to be driving to eternity.

It’s good to get to work, get coffee, and attack the papers half a mile high,
It’s wonderful to be able to call the IT guys for all my computer issues.
I wish I hadn’t taken that phone call that ended up making me cry,
Now the mascara run and need to pretend allergies to get some tissues.

A crisis between not nations, but departments, needed some real diplomacy.
At the end of the work day I pray to be able to more strength still find,
To help with homework, cook, laugh and play with a sense of normalcy;
And gratitude I indeed feel when little hugs keep me from loosing my mind…

No comments: