Sunday, August 28, 2011

Untitled

The quiet breeze touches the warm skin on a Sunday afternoon,
The happy sounds of childhood by the children running.
From the earth fills the air the smell of wet soil, the monsoon.
And the birds are coming out again, even the little one, humming.

From the clouds, now dissipating, rays of light break through;
It’s like hope, like the seed germinating after the drought.
And there it is, to affirm a new beginning, the rainbow,
And the heart beats as the senses are aroused, reborn.

And I feel the quiet yearning for your smile, your lips,
The smile that dries my tears, and embraces my soul.
The yearning for your voice, the tenderness it brings,
That makes me feel what only you would know.

And the colors of the rainbow bring joy to my day,
The hurt and pain dissipating with the rain,
The light of your eyes making to mine its way,
To let go of this sadness and be with you again.


No comments: