Saturday, July 30, 2011

When All is Said and Done


From crayons to love songs, time passes so fast,

The body changes, the self-image, so much to adapt.

The moon in the sky and the way you looked at me,

I thought the world was you, like a magical symphony.



We left all out the door when we went home,

We used the language of love when we were alone.

Plans were made and dreams were dreamed,

Until all fell apart, as if was just a crude scheme.



As I look into the mirror, I see myself again,

I found myself through all the hurt and all the pain.

So you can walk out, I know I’ll be strong,

I’ll be all right, when all is said and done.



The seasons will change, the memories will fade,

I learn from the past and all mistakes made.

I am woman, and my heart still carries a song,

I’ll be all right, when all is said and done.

Picture by Michelle Vogt