Saturday, July 30, 2011

Faint Light

The faint light of dawn slowly comes through the blinds,
Rest pushed away by the thoughts weighting in my mind.
I look at your peaceful faces, resting in your sleep,
Gratitude fills me as I take from coffee a little sip.

The day is crowded with faces, in all different places,
And my heart stumbles to keep up with my pace.
I wish I could run from my own thoughts,
And close the curtain over what was lost.

The day is just another chance to begin again,
To make sure life is not lived in vain.
In my dreams I float, like a kite in the air,
And I reach out to you, if I just dare.

Dreams and hopes mixed with fears and self doubt,
It’s like trying to find the way in a misty cloud.
But just as thought I was loosing my mind,

I feel your hand reaching out, and holding mine.

Picture

by Michelle Vogt

No comments: