Thursday, September 18, 2008

Looking Out



Looking out, I see the trees, the season changing.
Looking in, I wonder who I am in my married life.
It seems the time is right for soul searching.
Can I still be me, being a mother, being a wife.

I have been learning a lot about family living.
It is not that important to be right all the time.
Sometimes is better to be happy, and forgiving.
And I’ve learned with mistakes, his and mine.

Then come the children, and you grow patience.
Love is what gets you through sleepless nights.
You look at those faces, overwhelming tenderness.
Even the shiest mother learns to protect and fight.

Then you sit back and try to see beyond the window sill.
Love is selfless; brings you joys and sometimes tears.
Can you be mother and wife and dream still?
Only if you look beyond your most guarded fears.


Karla B, February 26, 2008.

No comments: