Thursday, September 18, 2008

Sadness


This Sadness


This sadness that I feel is not a sadness from within.
It goes beyond the things that I can move or reach.
The sadness that I feel is like others that I’ve seen.
Comes from another place, finding in me a niche.

Feelings are untouchable but can be sent
Like a letter or e-mail, launched out there.
If never gets a chance to be comprehended,
Is as if never existed, disappearing in thin air.

It might happen, though, that feelings will find
An echo someplace, in someone’s heart.
It is like it travels in the air, it glides,
Until empathy finds it with open arms.

The sadness that I feel can be found in any land.
The land of fear, rudeness, anger and mediocrity.
Where nothing is learned, there is failure to understand
That only love and kindness can raise humanity.

Karla B

No comments: